blog title flat final resized

Monday 17 September 2007

Tagged! I'm it!


I've been tagged by Okie Okasan and Anna for the "Eight Facts/Habits" thingy. My first ever tag! Weehee.

Soooooo...

Here are the rules:

a. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.

b. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.

c. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people & posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged & asking them to read your blog. (Like someone before me, I think I'm going to ignore this rule because I think almost everyone else has been tagged by now.)

-------------------------

1. I was born in Warsaw, Poland. We escaped Poland illegally (you were not allowed to leave!) but obtained a visa to Australia and entered here legally. It was January 1982. Australia is our home now and we all LOVE it -- LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Beautiful country and a wonderful place for people from all around the world to live together in such peace. It's quite extraordinary (I choose to ignore the few idiots out of 22 million upon whom the media love to focus).

2. I once won a gold medal at the National Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships. I was one of a trio doing a routine. Our coach -- Ann-Maree Kerr -- represented Australia at the 1984 LA Olympics. I love the Olympics -- I totally get into it all when it's on (even hanging an Aussie flag in our window).

3. I like the taste of baby formula. Not that "gold" stuff with fish oils, though -- bleugh!!! (This is despite the fact that I am an agent of the Breastapo, and neither of my girls are allowed the stuff!)

4. I've been in the Moomba parade twice. Once on a boat on the Yarra with the Oarsome Foursome. Hee hee!

5. I am really messy. And I hate it.

6. I LOVE animals. I try to avoid killing them, with the exception of whitetail spiders, those big black cockroaches (native brown ones I leave), mosquitoes, and march flies. I don't believe animals were put on this earth to serve us, or in the idea of humans being on top of some kind of evolutionary ladder. I believe evolution is like a web, not a ladder. We're not on top. We're just another animal doing the best we can and largely succeeding, but not as well as some other animals -- ants for instance. Especially the ones in our bathroom. And I don't believe in sitting on a horse's back and whipping it till it runs faster than other horses whose backs are sat upon and whose flanks are whipped. But more about that later.

7. I find it extremely relaxing to be working quietly while the cleaners wipe the benches or mop the floors around me (I used to work a couple of evening shifts before I popped out MissC). Now that's just plain weird.

8. My favourite smell is that of woodsmoke on a fresh breeze.

Is that all just too random? (I sound like Ja'ime King!)

No comments: