blog title flat final resized

Wednesday 6 June 2007

Another day, another quilt...

I made my second ever quilt!

Cut on Monday night, pieced together, assembled, quilted and mostly "edged" (is that a quilting term...or even a word?) on Tuesday until the bobbin thread ran out and I could not bring myself to refill it for the final 20 cm which I finished this morning, before presenting it to my friend E, who gave birth to a little boy yeserday!

It measures 80 cm x 80 cm, so I guess it can be called "pram size". I used more fabric from Superbuzzy -- this pretty "tea time" print with little disjointed phrases.

I BOUND (that's better, right?) it with bias binding I made myself out of the gingham used in the top, and I really enjoyed binding it this way.
Also today I received my shipment from Superbuzzy!!!!!!! I will take and post pix soon.

No comments: